The Cable News Network, CNN, in a recent publication has published a list of corrupt Nigerian politicians who led the country in the past and those who are still presently in charge. Former president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo took the No. 1 position while almost the whole list is made up of politicians from the northern region of the country. See list below…
1. Oluesgun Obasanjo – He stole $25 billion from 1999-2007 ($16.4 from power sector alone)
2. Ibrahim Babangida – He stole $15 billion from 1985-1993 ($12.4 billion from oil wind fall in 1990)
3. Abdulsalam Abubakar – He stole $9 billion from 1998-99
4. Sani Abacha – He stole $7 billion from 1993-1998
5. Ahmed Bola Tinubu – He stole and continues to steal from Lagos State treasury since 1999 till date. It’s estimated that he has stolen $6 billion so far.
6. TY Danjuma – He fraudulently got enriched through oil blocks from the Niger Delta worth $20 million in the 70s after the counter coup. Those oil blocks worth billions of dollars in today’s value.
7. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi – He stole $1.2 billion as CBN Governor from 2008-2014.
8. Bukola Saraki – Through his father, Olukola Saraki, their bank, Societe Generale and as a governor of Kwara State (2003-20111) he stole $1.1 billion
9. Nasir El Rufai – Before he was made the FCT Minister, El Rufai was broke, homeless and was
looking for loan to import taxis from the UK. After he was made the minister, he seized landed properties that belonged to Nigerians and resold them with huge profit. It’s estimated that he stole $1 billion from 2003-2007.
10. Tunde Fashola – He is the poster boy of Tinubu. Both of them looted Lagos dry and left it in debt of about N1 billion. Fashola, among other things built his personal website for N78 million, drilled borehole for over N100 million each and built a kilometre road for N1 billion. He stole $900 million from 2007-2015. He is now a minister to continue the looting.
11. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi – From 2007 to 2015, he stole $700 million and $150 million which adequately aided him to effectively sponsor Buhari and APC.
12. Atiku Abubakar – When he was asked by our reporter how he made his money, he simply said “he was always at the right place at the right time.” Atiku is an astute businessman, but through shady deals, he stole $500 million from 1999-2007.
13. James Ibori – He stole $150 million from 1999-2007 as governor of Delta State. He’s serving
his term for money laundering in the UK.
14. Amina Mohammed – This woman was the founder of Afri-Project Consortium (APC) that was in charge of all PTF Projects during Abacha’s regime. About $125 million was stolen from PTF accounts from 1994-1998. Buhari has just nominated the same woman as a minister to continue to stealing.
15. DSP Alamieyeseigha – He stole $120 million and was arrested for money laundering. He pleaded guilty and long served his term.
16. Sule Lamido – He stole $110 million between 2007-2015 and from that amount, $50 million was found in his sons’ bank accounts. He was arrested and detained for days together with his sons.
17. Rabiu Kwankwaso – He stole $100 million as a governor of Kano State. EFCC has arrested many of his aides and they are “singing” how they siphoned the money.